Starting a blog is a fun journey and you definitely learn something new everyday! One thing that I have loved about starting a blog is connecting with other moms and bloggers all over the world! It has been so cool meeting women in the same life journey as me going through the same or similar challenges and joys. One mom and blogger who I have connected with has nominated me for the Liebster Award! Check out Justine at http://www.sunnyinjune.com! Its crazy that we met through Instagram, but she worked with several of my friends out in Las Vegas! Now she is doing amazing things on the other side of the country because her hubby is in the military. Thanks so much for nominating me Justine!
The Liebster Award is a chain of awards that help people to discover new blogs. In this chain, the award is given to a number of nominees, who then pass the award on to other new bloggers, and the chain goes on. The rules for receiving the award are simple:
Here are Justine’s questions for me:
- As women, it’s only natural to nit pick at yourself. So, what is your best personality characteristic and what is your best physical feature?
I would say my best personality characteristic is that I am hardworking. I really work hard for the things that I have and I consider myself an overachiever. I think my best physical feature is my hair- hence the redlocks in my shamrocks!
- What is a white lie you told your kids? If you don’t have kids yet, what are some white lies that your parents told you that you believed for the longest time?
I have told my two year old that the TV is broken when I didn’t want her to watch a show or that we were all out of a certain food. Sorry Logie!
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
I am Halloween and Thanksgiving obsessed!!! I am so STOKED they are coming up! I love these two holidays because they are about getting dressed up and eating-two of my favorite things lol. I also love these holidays because there is no pressure to give or get gifts, its about being thankful and celebrating.
- What made you start blogging?
I started blogging for a creative outlet for my desire to write and to work on my hobby of photography. So far after only having my blog for a little over a month I have gained more knowledge of photography and it has felt so good writing again! I am so happy I started Redlocks and Shamrocks!
- How long have you been blogging for?
I started by blog in July 2016! Newbie!!
- What do you love to do when you have free time?
What is free time??? Lol Do moms get free time? But in my free time I blog or watch Netflix with my husband or workout.
- What is your dream job?
Right now I am a mom, teacher, blogger, and hobbyist photographer. I would love to be a blogger or photographer fulltime. Or just hit the lottery so I never have to work!
- If you won $500 million, what would you do with it?
Retire!!!! I would just love to be with my family 24/7!
- Describe your personal style.
I would say classic, chic, and girly…..or workout clothes and dirty hair there really isn’t an in between with me. Totally dressed up or totally a mess!
- What morals do you hope to instill in your kids?
There are so many! But to give a general answer to be good people who treat all others with kindness, respect, and manners.
- What are your pet peeves?
Chewing loudly. Yuck.
Here are 11 Random Facts About Me!
- My husband first said “I love you” to me under the Eiffel Tower on New Years Eve. Awww.
- I have two fur-babies: Max a boston terrier and Piccadilly a dachshund.
- My parents met and grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio and have been together since high school. They moved out to Las Vegas because my mom was a dancer and my dad was a musician. They kicked it with the mob a lot during old Las Vegas! My furniture, that’s now in my kid’s room, was given as a gift from the Las Vegas Mob. Siegfried and Roy also came to my mom’s baby shower! So my parents are Las Vegas OGs.
- I have danced my entire life!! When I was younger I did competitive dance and then in college was the captain of the UNLV Rebel Girls. It was such a great experience!
- I turn everything into a song and dance routine. From doing laundry to breastfeeding to grocery shopping-I either I have parody song made up or a dance to it.
- I have super sensitive sense of smell and hearing. I can hear a pin drop and can always tell when my husband has eaten some chocolate without me.
- I am a NEAT freak!!!! My house can never be clean enough! My two year old has even learned how to use a coaster for her sippy cup-you go Logie!
- I love iced tea and coffee!!! Yum!
- I have always loved to write. I kept a journal/diary since I was in middle school all through college. Recently found by my husband, I trashed them all due to embarrassment, maybe I will regret that, but right now I couldn’t risk him knowing all my embarrassing tales.
- My family is all talented. My mom was a professional dancer-she even partnered and toured with Patrick Swayze. My dad has self taught himself how to play several instruments- guitar, trumpet, and piano just to name a few. My brother Michael can play the drums like nobody’s business. And my brother Matt, the most talented of all, is one of the most amazing guitarists around!! He can play anything by ear and has traveled the whole world because of his skills. My husband and I think Logan has gotten the O’Rourke gene for music (or we are at least hoping!)
- My family is home movie obsessed. Back in the late 80s a “documentary” was made titled “The O’Rourkes.” This tape has been quoted at almost every family gathering and any person close enough to any of my family members has been lucky enough-or tortured- to watch it.
I’m nominating 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award!
These are some blogs that I love to read!
- Katy @ Raising Krazy
- The Bow Mommy (You have to translate her blog, but you won’t be disappointed with her Instagram feed!)
- Jamie @ Surviving The Bubble
- Mace, Emily, and Haley @ blondesense702 (I watched these girls grow up, they are all so fashionable, super cute, and doing big things!)
- Emily @ Just Playing House
- Julianna @ This Mom Life Lowe Down
- Ashleigh @ Sunday Comfy (Check out her photography too, its amazing!)
- Abby @ Up North and Personal (I love her workouts with her baby!)
- Tiller Trio(I love her story and that she shares her daughter’s struggle with cCMV)
- Sarah @ Seeing all Sides
- Kristyn @ Everyones Sleeping But Mom
**So I broke some of the qualifying rules for this award, sue me! These are great blogs and great women!
Here are my 11 questions for you to answer:
- What has been the best lesson you have learned while blogging?
- What is the biggest challenge you have overcame?
- What is one fashion accessory you could not live without?
- What is your biggest fear?
- How do you find time in your busy day to blog?
- What is your all time favorite book?
- If you could only shop at one store for the rest of your life where would it be?
- What was the topic of the blogpost that has gotten the most views on your site?
- Where is your favorite place to go out to eat?
- Who is the first person you call when you are upset?
- If money were not object, where would you go on vacation?
Thank so much Justine for nominating me on this blogger award, which is given by other bloggers! This was a very scary journey for me to start and it so great to have a positive supportive blogging community.
Your Redlocks and Shamrocks Girl,